Update 4.3.2 to 5.2.3 with an Evaluation License?

Hi*

I want to update Confluence from 4.3.2 to 5.2.3

At the moment i am waiting for a 2000 user license.

Is an update also possible while using a Evaluation License?

So i don't have tp wait for the bought license and could run the update tonight as planned.

Best,

Björn

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi beitmann,

Yup you can upgrade your confluence with the evaluation licence, my only recommendation to you is that you first upgrade to version 5.0.3 and then to 5.2.3.

We got some major changes in version 5.0.3 so it would be better if you upgrade to that bridge version before going to latest version.

Thanks and Regards,

David|Atlassian Support

Beitmann,

Deividi states the correct "supported" upgrade path. It is not something that is absolutely necessary to do, but can be a helpful remediation plan if things go weird with your upgrade.

Your evaluation license entitles you to download and install all versions of confluence before it's expiration date. You are more than free to create evaluation license while you wait for your paid license.

If you contact sales@atlassian.com they can help you extend your evaluation license for up to 90 days while you wait for your 2k user license.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you