Update 4.3.2 to 5.2.3 with an Evaluation License?

Björn Eitmann August 26, 2013

Hi*

I want to update Confluence from 4.3.2 to 5.2.3

At the moment i am waiting for a 2000 user license.

Is an update also possible while using a Evaluation License?

So i don't have tp wait for the bought license and could run the update tonight as planned.

Best,

Björn

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Hi beitmann,

Yup you can upgrade your confluence with the evaluation licence, my only recommendation to you is that you first upgrade to version 5.0.3 and then to 5.2.3.

We got some major changes in version 5.0.3 so it would be better if you upgrade to that bridge version before going to latest version.

Thanks and Regards,

David|Atlassian Support

1 vote
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

Beitmann,

Deividi states the correct "supported" upgrade path. It is not something that is absolutely necessary to do, but can be a helpful remediation plan if things go weird with your upgrade.

Your evaluation license entitles you to download and install all versions of confluence before it's expiration date. You are more than free to create evaluation license while you wait for your paid license.

If you contact sales@atlassian.com they can help you extend your evaluation license for up to 90 days while you wait for your 2k user license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events