Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsaved changes on a Confluence page were lost due to logging out of the app - Confluence Server

Matt Loughran February 22, 2024

After clicking Update to save changes to a page with lots of unsaved changes, the page wouldn't save no matter how many times I tried. The message displayed offering to let me just save (content or metadata, I don't remember), but that also didn't succeed. So, foolishly, I opened up a different Confluence page in another browser tab, logged out of Confluence and then logged back in. I must have thought that Confluence was auto-saving my working page regularly and that the logout/in would cure Confluence's brain spasms. But I'm not on Confluence Cloud, we're still on Confluence Data Center. My changes were lost in the page I cared about/had been working in. Page History didnt help because the previous version was from yesterday. My page wasn't listed in Drafts. I'm screwed, correct? It was logging out in the other browser tab that caused it. Any ideas, anyone? I tried the Chrome history, which at first seemed promising, but there was no link for the correct time frame to do me any good.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

@Matt Loughran 

If the draft is saved, it should be visible in your profile under saved drafts.

Just to.ensure, can you check again as described in this document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/drafts-149040.html

Thanks,

Pramodh

Matt Loughran February 23, 2024

Thanks Pramodh. The most recent drafts in the Drafts area are several months old. My understanding is that Drafts are pages which have never been published, so that doesn't apply to the page in question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events