Unknown attachments on page and in source

Avisi Beheer March 9, 2021

So I'm a SysOp for my company and the other day a employee came to me and asked if I could take a look at his page as the attachments became unknown. Now I know this issue has multiple flavours now but I think I might have found a new one.

What happened here was that the source of the page was modified by confluence to include a different image line that hard linked to the unknown attachment placeholder. When I then copied the page to my own space confluence magically restored the source links so that the images were visible again. I than manually fixed the page source in the other space with the 'Source Editor' plugin from Atlassian and they started working again as expected when the source is correct. Happened on Confluence DC V7.7.2 in single node.

Has anyone encountered this issue yet? The only ones I found correlate to a bad link or something else. This one is new to me even.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

@Avisi Beheer was the attachment saved to the page or a different page initially?  If it was saved to a different page the user may not have had access to the attachments.  I have seen this occur and be similar to what you are describing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events