It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unknown User after importing from on-premise to cloud

Hi there,

After we imported our data from our old on-premise Confluence to the cloud we're left with a lot of posts which are attributed to

Unknown User (38y4985y275y245824232323)

I've found an article that recommends re-creating the users, but we've done that (we have active users by the same usernames but this still appears to result in the same issue above.

Can anyone help me make that look a little prettier? I don't mind creating a dummy user that we can attribute all the old content to.

2 answers

0 votes
thais Atlassian Team Jun 20, 2018

Hi, Richard,

As we'll need further information from the user and examples of pages where the issue is happening, we opened a ticket with us at Support that should reach you soon.

Best regards,
Thais

I've actualle the same problem

I have the same problem as well

Thais, are you ever going to get back to us on this?

Nobody ever came back to me on this issue.

Hi Richard,

We are having same issue. But in our case, we have imported a site from Confluence cloud to Confluence server. 

We are getting a mixed picture. After import, two users shows up correctly on the pages. But one user shows as unknown user. 

Her userid is same on cloud and server. But her full name is different in both. 

Does full name also need to be same? 

I need to confirm this beforehand because we will need to change it in the LDAP.

Regards

Sanan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

314 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you