Universal Plugin Manager upgrade will not complete

Paul Anderson August 20, 2012

We are in the process of upgrading our Confluence install from 3.0.1 to 4.2.12.

We built a new test server. Restored the confluence database to a new database server and database name.

Followed recommendation from Alyson Salcedo Dos Reis and upgraded 3.0.1 > 3.4.9 > 3.5.17 > 4.2.12

Other than a small issue that required me to re setup LDAP everything seems to have worked correctly.

The only problem I see is when trying to upgrade the Universal Plugin Manger it does not work.

It downloads the package and then just sits there trying to apply it. I have waited for hours and it just sits there saying it is applying. I am required to shutdown Confluence to get it to work again.

I have tried to just download the plugin and do an install. Same issue.

I was able to upgrade all of the other plugins with no issue.

I also followed the instructions on this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/56877/why-space-directory-is-blank per the recommendation on my upgrade ticket and it did not make a difference the problem was the same.

3 answers

0 votes
Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

In my case I was able to get the upgrade to work by adding -Dupm.pac.disable=true to the java startup options. We do not currently have the server running confluence setup for internet access, which may have been our issue. The install completed but, seemed to fail (UPM was showing up 404 after upgrade). After restarting Confluence the upgraded version of UPM is installed and working.

0 votes
Paul Anderson August 20, 2012

I am working with Atlassian support. When I get a solution I will make sure to post what worked here.

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

I have the same issue. I just decided not to upgrade the upm, it wasn't worth the frustration. imho

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events