Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhide text in Confluence page comparison

Ed Walaski March 22, 2018

Currently when comparing multiple versions of a Confluence page, unchanged text is hidden, and denoted by an ellipse. Is there the ability to reveal this text? Users need the ability to view the changes to the document within the context of the entire page.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2018

Ed,

Can you show me what behavior you're seeing and what version of Confluence you're using? 

Generally, it just won't highlight the text that wasn't changed. I was able to confirm this now on my 6.7.1 version.

Shannon

Ed Walaski March 23, 2018

Hi Shannon,

When selecting: Page History --> Compare Selected Versions

I am able to see what has changed, but I wish to see the unchanged sections as well. The unchanged sections are denoted by the ellipse circled in the screenshot below. Is there a way to expand this section to view the unchanged material? I am using version 6.5.1.

Page History View.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2018

Thank you, Ed.

I have had a look and the ellipsis appears when there are very large sections of unchanged text.

This is not possible to expand.

There is a feature request for this below on both Server and Cloud:

Please vote on the request that applies to your instance, and comment with your use case as to why this feature would be particularly useful.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events