Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected "Set up Confluence" startup page

Rick Reineman April 15, 2021

I needed to install a new certificate today, created the .JKS and edited the server.xml files to include the new store name and key password.  Done this several times in the past, never a problem.

Until today, luckily it's my development server.  After the cert install and service start my Confluence web site starts at the "Set up Confluence" page, like it thinks it's a brand new install.

I can't imagine what I could have done to make this happen.  I would sure appreciate  some ideas if anyone has any.

I have reverted to the old certificate thinking it might be a cert issue, as silly as that sounds.  No luck there, the setup screen happens on both certs.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

This happens when you reconnect Confluence to an empty database, or damage/remove the config file the database connection is stored.

Check that the file <confluence home>/confluence.cfg.xml contains the right connection settings for your Confluence database.

Thanks for the reply, I figured it out about the time you were responding.  I probably did it to myself somehow.

0 votes

Solved.  Somehow the  confluence.cfg.xml which resides in the Confluence home directory got deleted, nothing to do with the cert, just fat fingers or something.

I assume the absence of the confluence.cfg.xml triggers the Set up Confluence initialization page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events