Unable to show Jira Service Desk issues in Team calendars on a linked confluence instance.

Jay Karmarkar March 20, 2019

Both the instances are locally hosted and are version compatible (v6 and up). I am trying to pull all my JSD issues into the calendar but it is not showing the "display options" like: saved filter or JQL for the "Jira Issue Dates" Event type.

I give it a name and select a project but nothing happens after that and the calendar remains blank. I'm not sure what is being done wrong?
Can someone guide me please? 
Thanks in advance!

team.png

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2019

Hello there Jay!

As I understand, your JQL returns no events from your Jira to be shown in Team Calendars, Is that correct? Issues not showing could mean that your user does not have enough permissions in Jira to access such. Would it be possible for you to check if your user does have permissions to access those issues?

It is unlikely, but this behaviour could mean that your Jira and Confluence are not compatible for Application linking. You can check further information on this here:

Application links version matrix

We need to have both applications on the same major version of App links.

Further, would it be possible for you to check a few things for us? Here it goes:

1. Are you able to try out other JQL Filter?
  2. Does this new JQL also returns values when used directly in Jira?
  3. Does this happen in any browser?
  4. Has this worked at some point?
  5. Is this happening with any other user?
  6. Is this present in other calendars as well?
  7. Which version of Team Calendars are you using?
  8. Which version of Jira are you using?
  9. Which version of Confluence are you using?

One more thing. Would it be possible for you to send us screenshots of:

• Dialog windows when creating the Jira Issue event
  • The calendar itself

Please, just keep in mind to no disclose any sensitive information on the screenshots. Community is an open space and everyone can see it!

Looking forward to your reply!

Patrick Chen March 22, 2019

Diego, that is not the problem that is happening.

I seem to have the same problem as Jay.

According to the documentation, there should be three options for Display: Project, Saved Filter, and JQL

But it is only showing Project option. Saved Filter and JQL options are missing.

My system specs: Jira 8.0.0, Confluence 6.14.1, Team Calendars 6.0.26

Like Jay Karmarkar likes this
Jay Karmarkar March 24, 2019

Thanks Patrick for clearing that out!

Yes, that's what has been happening. It's not displaying the JQL options as described in the documentation.

Chris Dunne February 3, 2020

Hi

Did you find a solution to this? Same thing happening for me.

Thanks

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events