Unable to setup Confluence Questions

Michael Juliano May 4, 2014

I began a trial of Confluence Questions for my Atlassian OnDemand subscription, but I've been unable to set it up.

I go to the Manage Add-ons section of Confluence Admin, expand Confluence Questions Plugin, and click the Get Started button which brings me to a page that says:

Not Permitted
You are not permitted to perform this operation.

I try clicking on the Documentation button under the Confluence Questions Plugin section, and I get taken to a page that says:

We are currently experiencing difficulties.
Visit our status page for more information.

The status page shows all services are green.

Additionally, any links related to the Confluence Questions Documentation bring me to the "experiencing difficulties" page.

I'm under the impression this shouldn't be behaving this way, but I don't really know what to do about it.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Apparently, I had to grant permissions on the Permissions page under the Confluence Questions sub-heading. I granted use permissions to the "users" group, and I can now proceed past the Get Started button. However, the documentation still appears to be broken.

0 votes
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2014

Hi Michael, Sorry to hear you got off to a bumpy start with Questions. Our documentation site was down for an hour this afternoon for some urgent maintenance. It is back up now and you can get to the Get Started docs here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/QUESTIONS/Get+Started

Confluence Questions should automatically grant access to your default users and administrators groups. When you went to Questions > Permissions did you see any groups listed? (e.g. confluence-users rather than users?) If you raise a support issue, they'll be able to investigate further for you, and check everything is as it should be.

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

really sorry about this Michael. Could you please file a support ticket?

I come from the StackOverflow community, and this sort of answer would be totally unacceptable there. You can get chewed out pretty badly on there. Is this place not so strict?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events