Unable to see / access 'Space Admin' for Demonstration Space despite being Confluence Admin

Chris Keeble November 1, 2011

I am a member of the confluence admin group, but do not get the 'Space Admin' option on the 'Browse' menu when viewing the Demonstration Space.

I am trying to remove (or at least hide) the Demonstration Space. I have deleted the 'Home' page, and get the message A page with this title has been deleted. Contact your space administrator if you would like it restored. but have no access to the Space Admin to be able to do anything.

I have full access to all other spaces.

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Keeble November 16, 2011

It turns out that there is indeed a bug, and some related issues which have been raised about this.

See CONF-22464 and related issues & comments for more details.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2011

That doesn't sound right to me - although you shouldn't have to explicitly name "confluence administrators" as able to do space-admin on a specific space, I suspect you've somehow managed to convinice it that the space can't be administered.

What happens if you try https://yourconfluence/spaces/editspace.action?key=ds ?

0 votes
Billing Super Robot December 26, 2013

that was it, I added myself back into the administation group, even though I was in it already, and delete was available again for that demo space

0 votes
Chris Keeble April 26, 2012

Hi Andrew,

Although I couldn't recall the details from memory, I looked up the support query I raised at the time and in the discussion note:

By adding my own account into the 'Confluence Administrators' group again (despite it showing as already a member) I was then able to access the Space Admin for the Demonstration Space, and have now successfully deleted the space.

Hopefully that will help you as well?

There's also a related improvement request and this related issue in case of any interest.

Kind regards

Chris

0 votes
Mark_Jones April 25, 2012

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this at all? I'm experiencing exactly the same problem...

I too am a member of the Confluence-admin group and get "not permitted" when trying to access the link detailed above.

I definately have not changed permissions for this space.

I've looked at CONF-22464 but it doesn't seem to offer anything that explains the problem, and certainly not how to get around it.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Andrew

0 votes
Chris Keeble February 10, 2012

You should find the answer below helps - at first it might seem unrelated, but follow through as it helped us resolve.

0 votes
Sarah Jacob February 9, 2012

I am experiencing this same problem with Confluence version 4.1.3. Is there a fix available at this point?

0 votes
Chris Keeble November 6, 2011

If I try .../spaces/editspace.action?key=ds I get 'Not permitted'.

I don't believe we changed anything about the Demonstration Space, although of course it is possible.

Chris Keeble November 16, 2011

It turns out that there is indeed a bug, and some related issues which have been raised about this.

See CONF-22464 and related issues & comments for more details.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events