Unable to read old confluence logs in production

Peruma Chinnasamy September 20, 2022

Hi Team,

We are using Confluence DC v7.13.8 in our production. Where the old logs are corrupted. 

Not all the days log files are not corrupted. 

For example :-

today date is 16/09/2022 confluence log file size 8000KB at 11AM GMT.  The log file get updated with below error and zero log 16/09/2022 at 3.13 PM GMT and the log file size is 1KB.

"2022-09-16 15:13:13,391 WARN [main] [conversion.convert.image.CellsConverter] generateThumbnailDirect Could not generate thumbnail
com.atlassian.plugins.conversion.convert.ConversionException: Only rendering of the first page of the first sheet supported for now
at com.atlassian.plugins.conversion.convert.image.CellsConverter.generateThumbnailDirect(CellsConverter.java:169)
at com.atlassian.plugins.conversion.sandbox.SandboxConversionTask.createThumbnail(SandboxConversionTask.java:119)
at com.atlassian.plugins.conversion.sandbox.SandboxConversionTask.apply(SandboxConversionTask.java:65)
at com.atlassian.plugins.conversion.sandbox.SandboxConversionTask.apply(SandboxConversionTask.java:26)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.util.sandbox.SandboxServer.run(SandboxServer.java:63)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.util.sandbox.SandboxServer.main(SandboxServer.java:121)"  

Kindly help me to fix this issue. 

Due to this issue I can't able to read the old log if any issue came in confluence application.

Thanks and Regards

Peruma.C

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Peruma Chinnasamy 

If I am understanding correctly your newer logs are working? And new ones coming out are working just some old ones aren't working?

I ask this because in many cases my team has had to troubleshoot with Confluence even on our large instance we usually only need to refer to the newer logs, and Atlassian tends to only ask for those as well in support cases.The older logs may not provide as much insight as you may think.

In general, reproducing an issue and live looking at the logs as the errors are occurring has provided my team the best results.

Best,
Clark

Peruma Chinnasamy September 21, 2022

Hi @Clark Everson 

Today logs I can able to see till 2PM IST post that that log  file will loose the whole today log date and get updated the log file with above given exception message.

Now my ask is how to identify which activity trigger to log file get corrupt. Because this thing not happening for all the days. 

Eg:-

Date                       Log corrupted time

16-09-2022 -->    3.13 PM GMT

08/09/2022 -->    9.54 AM GMT

07/09/2022 -->   08/09/2022 8.50 AM GMT

05/09/2022 -->  8.20 AM GMT

We are facing slowness in our application So I need to check the log what are things happen in specific duration. 

Thanks and Regards

Peruma.C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events