Unable to login to Confluence through Okta (SSLHandshakeException error) Edited

Hi, 

I am trying to setup Confluence behind load balancer in AWS and Okta. When I am trying to login via Okta, I am unable to do so. To be more specific, I am being stuck on refirect page from Okta to Confluence (image is attached). When I looked at logs in  /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/atlassian-confluence.log 

2017-07-24 02:44:12,709 WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-2] [internal.integration.jira.DefaultJiraService] communicateWithJira Problem communicating with JIRA: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
-- referer: https://wiki-stage.mydomain.com/ | url: /rest/highlighting/1.0/panel-items | traceId: f2da7474efe3185d | userName: user.name

We are running Active Directory and I imported its certificate into keystore. The only missing piece I could think of is try to point confluence to correct keystore in setenv.sh ( -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=<path_to_keystore> ).Did anyone have similar problems configuring Confluence with Okta?

Any help is appreciated. 

2 answers

Not sure what SSL problems has to do with Okta integration?

-Lars

Is does affect Okta. AD only allows port 636 which is encrypted, so this is where SSL cert from domain controller becomes crititcal.

Your cert needs to be imported to the java used by your application:

JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacaerts

-Lars

I have configured CATALINA_OPTS="-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts" argument in setenv.sh 

What I am surpsised about is seeing an error related to Jira while I am configuring Confluence. 

If you are using self signed ssl certificates on both JIRA, and Confluence with application links, then you`ll need to import certificates to both applications.

-Lars

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

788 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you