Unable to install Gliffy pluggin. Hangs at the install spin wheel window.

Bruce Guy September 10, 2021

When trying to installing Gliffy gliffy-confluence-plugin-9.1.3.obr on our server 7.4.11 it  hangs at the spinning wheel window.  I've tried rebooting and restarting the services.  Same results.  I've tried other versions also. I have already contacted the vendor of gliffy and was unable to help. 

4 answers

1 vote
Jon Lusky December 11, 2021

Mine hung on update.  After 30 minutes, I restarted Confluence, disabled Gliffy, updated Gliffy successfully, re-enabled Gliffy.

mbaumert December 14, 2021

I was also able to successfully install Gliffy after restarting Confluence.

0 votes
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi Bruce! So sorry for the delay — I'm hoping someone has been able to help you since this post.

You mention that you contacted the vendor — our support team's email is support@gliffy.com. Can you please confirm if that is who you reached out to?

Thank you!

Samie

Bruce Guy September 21, 2021

Hi Samie

Yes, I have already worked with support@gliffy.com with Trish, and we came to a dead end. So she referred me to putting in a ticket with Atlassian.  Is this the right place to do that?

Thanks

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Darn, I'm sorry Trish couldn't help!

This is the community center for Atlassian, so it's other Atlassian users trying to help you problem-solve. To file formal support ticket with Atlassian, you'll need to create a request here: https://support.atlassian.com/

Good luck!

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2021

Hi @Bruce Guy are you facing the similar issue on other browsers ? like mozilla firefox or edge ? I have had better luck with Mozilla in the past when I used to get such issues on Chrome.

Bruce Guy September 16, 2021

Yes, same issues on different browsers, but I haven't tried edge.  I'll let you know how it goes.

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2021

Hi Bruce,

Couple of questions to troubleshoot this:

1. Are you using manual the file upload method or the install button?
  2. Did you check your Confluence logs for any errors?
  3. Does it work for other plugins?
Bruce Guy September 10, 2021

Hi Charlie

I am using the manual file upload method. 

The logs only show a timeout.  The server does not have access to the marketplace hence the last error.   But shouldn't affect the install I think. 

2021-09-10 12:53:06,746 WARN [https-jsse-nio-9445-exec-3] [confluence.util.profiling.DefaultActivityMonitor] close Exceeded the threshold of 60000 ms: ActivitySnapshot{startTime=1631296295460, threadId=220, threadName='https-jsse-nio-9445-exec-3', userId='bguy', type='web-request', summary='/'}
-- url: / | traceId: 9e8c5b7f72e90678 | userName: bguy | referer:

2021-09-10 12:54:05,589 WARN [https-jsse-nio-9445-exec-20] [atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] fetchMpacAppInfo Error when querying application info from MPAC: com.atlassian.marketplace.client.MpacException: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to marketplace.atlassian.com:443 [marketplace.atlassian.com/104.192.142.7, marketplace.atlassian.com/104.192.142.6, marketplace.atlassian.com/104.192.142.8] failed: connect timed out

Other plugs ins work fine. 

I did find an error about gliffy in the log but not when I try to install. Not sure when this occurs. Probably when a page has a gliffy object to display.

2021-08-23 17:54:50,779 ERROR [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 2] [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] fail Unable to create application context for [com.gliffy.plugin.confluence.gliffy-confluence-plugin], unsatisfied dependencies: none
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'diagramManager' defined in URL [bundle://297.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.gliffy.plugin.confluence.diagram.ConfluenceDiagramManager]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiate(ConstructorResolver.java:304)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:285)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1340)

Mark Baumert December 6, 2021

Did anyone ever find an resolution for this issue?  I am encountering the same thing.

Bruce Guy December 6, 2021

No luck yet.  I'm still working on it .

margagenova February 13, 2022

I just upgraded Confluence to 7.13.4. I tried updating Gliffy Diagrams through the Manage Apps, and the installing just hangs...it's been like this for a day now. I can't do anything else in the Manage Apps because this is in the way.2022-02-13 22_18_12-Manage apps.png

Anyone found a solution?

Mark Baumert February 14, 2022

We ran into this issue and found that restarting Confluence allowed us to install Gliffy.  

Like margagenova likes this
Steve Brine April 11, 2022

I have been experiencing the same issue for quite a while now. Usually I run through all of my software once every two weeks and update packages and the likes.
My original hypothesis was that Confluence needed restarting and this was often in conjunction with upgrading the version.

This time (Didn't want to upgrade Confluence) I tried
a) just installing - Hung at the "installing" part
b) Restarting Confluence - Hung at the "installing" part
c) Disabling app- Installed no hangs
d) Enabled app - Still ok

If it has hung there is no way to stop it, other than kill confluence. If you logout, close the browser window, etc then next time you log in and go to the manage apps it will pop up again.

Regards,

Steve B

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events