Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Confluence

Hector Suarez February 23, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to install Confluence in a Linux hosted machine, through SSH. I'm trying to install it using the binary file, and loged in as the root user.

The installation process seems to complete without any problem (default options) and the installation and data folders are created correctly. Permissions seem fine (there is a up and running JIRA installation and they look pretty similar), but I just can't access the installation wizard from a browser.

I've tried changing the default ports or installation folder, but is not helping at all.

Any help please?

Thanks

Héctor

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ok. I managed to go on with this. Firewall wasn't allowing incoming connections (iptables).

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/57210/set-up-jira-installation-on-rackspace-server

Thanks for your help

2 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

Is your port blocked. It should be 8090? Can you check this in your firewall?

what says

netstat -tulpn

and

ps -ef|grep catalina

Do you find the confluence-process there?

And what can you find in the logfile? Any exceptions?

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2014

What does "I can't access the installation wizard" actually mean? What are you trying? How far through the install did you run into the problem? Is there an error/warning/blank screen/shouting penguin on screen?

0 votes

Hi guys, thanks for your quick answers.

@Nic

I mean't 'setup wizard' instead of 'installation wizard' i.e. accessing confluence for the first time from a web browser, after installing it.

@Steve

It seems the process is running:

504      17598     1  1 12:37 ?        00:00:28/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/logging.properties -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/atlassian/confluence/endorsed -classpath /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/bootstrap.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/confluence -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/confluence -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Adding also the Jira process (the uid may be a hint, as this one is showing a 'jira' user)

jira     29805     1  1  2013 ?        2-20:12:39/opt/atlassian/jira/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/logging.properties -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xms256m -Xmx768m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/atlassian/jira/endorsed -classpath /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/jira -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/jira -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/jira/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

TCP connection seems open for the PID=17598 (confluence)

tcp 0 0 :::8090 :::* LISTEN 17598/java

catalina.out dump

Feb 24, 2014 12:37:57 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Feb 24, 2014 12:37:57 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Feb 24, 2014 12:37:58 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
Feb 24, 2014 12:37:58 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 599 ms
Feb 24, 2014 12:37:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Feb 24, 2014 12:37:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.35
2014-02-24 12:38:00,224 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.4.3 [build 4732 based on commit hash f543bd9a3bbc12daed85f6f5e5cba84282599932]
Feb 24, 2014 12:38:14 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
Feb 24, 2014 12:38:14 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 16632 ms

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events