Unable to import old instasnce backup (ban

Jens Kreier January 10, 2017

Hello I tried to import a backup of an old confluence instance (3 yrs ago). I unfortunately can't remember which version we used back then, but it was a self-hosted instance of Confluence. We also had Team Calendar installed, which probably causes the following error message:

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import because the data does not match the constraints in the Confluence schema. Cause: PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "bandana_unique_key" Detail: Key (bandanacontext, bandanakey)=(_CALENDAR_com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3.calendarstore.InternalSubscriptionCalendarDataStore_7eb84210-9c5f-4b49-bbe8-40699aea3e71_childSubCalendars, 4cb26844-195b-4fb8-8ae8-ee16a300d228) already exists.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the DB. Otherwise I would have removed the Index for the moment. 

Thanks for your help.

Very best,

Johnny

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2017

If you're trying to import a full xml backup of Confluence, you need to be importing it into a system of a similar compatible level.  If it were a version 4 system for example, there's no chance of it working in 6.

Or is it just space imports?

Jens Kreier January 11, 2017

No I'm pretty sure it was Confluence 5. I thought the compatibility was still given for this version. No it's a full import. Otherwise I have to run it locally and then hack the DB.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2017

There are massive problems trying to do this within various versions of 5.x.  You really do need to go to the right version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events