Unable to find some users in People search or to mention them using @

Hi,

we have a strange bug with confluence. Most users can be mentioned with @ and are findable using the people search. But some aren't Those users have the additional handicap of not beeing able to mention others, at least not all users. I have already tried to rebuild the index, but it did not help. We are running Confluence 5.4.1.

Thanks in advance,

Julian

3 answers

Hi Julian,

I would recommend trying a rebuild from scratch if you haven't already:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+scratch

The people directory is built off the index. Are the affected users able to 'see' the desired users in the people directory? If not, I'm guessing there is a permissions issue or possibly a 3rd party add-on interference.

@Ryan GoodwinI want to comment your answer, but the site won't let me…

Thanks for your answer. Rebuilding from scratch didn't solve the problem. I don't think that there is a permission issue, because as far as I can see every file in confluence-home ist owned by the confluence user and group. These are the installed add-ons:

• Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin
  • Dynamic Task List 2 Plugin
  • Gliffy Confluence Plugin
  • IM Presence NG Plugin
  • RB Storage - Confluence
  • RB Storage - Core
  • RB Storage - Servlet

User Alice can not be found using people search, not even if Alice searches for Alice. But she can access her own profile. Bob can not find Alice, nor mention her. However, he can access her profile via http://confluence-url/display/~alice

Were you ever able to find a solution? We're using Confluence 5.4 and have the same problem, except I can @mention someone but I have a user that cannot.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,099 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you