Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect confluence to Jira Crowd

akshay October 9, 2017

I have checked everything from whitelist to ensuring jira and confluence can connect. Just a curious note, when I enter in the incorrect details I do get a autheication error. Which mean I am assuming, that JIRA is able to communicate back with confluence. But when i do put in the right credentials, i get this error. 

Can anyone help me with this?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Hi Akshay,

So are Jira and Confluence on two separate servers? Can you show us what errors are in the Confluence error log when you try to connect? Look for any ERROR messages and anything that says caused by: the same time you attempt to connect.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

akshay October 9, 2017

2017-10-09 08:04:49,786 ERROR [http-nio-8090-exec-22] [crowd.embedded.admin.ConfigurationController] handleSubmit Configuration test failed for user directory: [ JIRA Server], type: [ CROW$
-- referer: http://biodxsystems.ca:8090/plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/configure/jira/?xsrfTokenName=atl_token&xsrfTokenValue=a428fa6d800c69132ed1cae354748d69ff8a5e3d | url: /plugins/serv$
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException:
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdDirectoryServiceImpl.testConnection(CrowdDirectoryServiceImpl.java:78)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1789.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

(There is a bunch of error code and then...)

Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException:
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:637)
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.andReceive(RestExecutor.java:417)
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.searchUsers(RestCrowdClient.java:624)
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.testConnection(RestCrowdClient.java:612)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.RemoteCrowdDirectory.testConnection(RemoteCrowdDirectory.java:856)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdDirectoryServiceImpl.testConnection(CrowdDirectoryServiceImpl.java:69)

akshay October 9, 2017

So both Jira and Conlfuence are on the same server

Please let me know if you need any other information

And thank you Shanon for your response.

Akshay

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Hi Akshay,

I'm going to be making a support ticket for you now because I'd like to review your support zip. I'll create it using the email you have on file here.

Please expect that email in a few minutes.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events