Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Jira and Confluence properly

Jimi Wikman November 9, 2013

I seem unable to connect Jira and Confluence properly as I can not link between the two. I have setup the applications link in Confluence and made sure that the Accept remote API calls is On in Jira, but still no luck :(

I am kind of lost right now it seems.

6 answers

0 votes
Jasen Sparacino May 11, 2014

I was having the same problem. Setting Certificate Timeout to 0 has fixed the problem for us. We don't have any public facing Atlassian products so we can do this. I guess if you can't set this to zero for security reasons I would increase the time. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Ai Wei Ong January 1, 2014

You have to configure the url pattern to include this "/sr/jira.issueview:searchrequest-xml"

1. go to "add-on" in JIRA

2. then select "outgoing authentication"

3. enter "/sr/jira.issueview:searchrequest-xml" in the url pattern.

4. select update

Arte Arefjev January 9, 2014

Could not find anything resempling "outgoing authentication" in both Jira & Confluence.

Where to look for it?

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2013

Hi Jimi,

Are your Jira and Confluence linked using OAuth and Trusted Applications?

It might simply be that they don't trust eachother, or that the user you are using doesn't have the correct rights in Jira.

Same for Ruban.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Ruban Jayathas November 27, 2013

I don't mean to hijack your thread but we are experiencing the exact same issue. We are able to add a confluence link in Jira but we cannot get the Jira issues macro to work. I get the same error as described above.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2013

Same questions apply - what does your log say? What have you been putting in the search box? What happens if you do the same search in Jira?

Ruban Jayathas November 27, 2013

when I open up the macro with an empty search field this is what I see.

I typed project = "project name" and nothing

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2013

Ruban

Did you check your permissions and the Authentication that's happening on the application link?

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes

I get:

The JIRA server didn't understand your search query. If you entered JQL, please ensure that it's correctly formed. If you entered an issue key, ensure that it exists and you have permission to view it. Learn More

I am not sure where the logs are located, but I do have access if someone can give a pointer :)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2013

What errors are you getting when you try to make the link? Can you check the logs as well as tell us what you see on-screen?

I get:

The JIRA server didn't understand your search query. If you entered JQL, please ensure that it's correctly formed. If you entered an issue key, ensure that it exists and you have permission to view it. Learn More

I am not sure where the logs are located, but I do have access if someone can give a pointer :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2013

Sounds like it's connected, but not understanding what you're typing in then!

Might not need the logs for this one (Admin -> System info will tell you where they are though!). Could you explain what you've been putting into the search box in Confluence? And what happens if you put exactly the same into Jira?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events