Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment.

Song Xue April 19, 2017

I set up a local confluence server for evaluation. However, I cannot really save anything. "Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment." error shows everytime I tried to save pages. I checked the knowledge base and find answers about turning off collaborative editing. Unfortunately, I couldn't find that in the general configuration. I'm using confluence 5.10.8. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

Hi Song,

do you see an error in the logfile?

Song Xue April 19, 2017

Hi, Thomas

Thanks for the quick reply. Which log file should I look into? I saw a lot of errors.

Regards,

Song

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2017

I would look first at atlassian-confluence.log 

Song Xue April 19, 2017

I got this error when saving pages. 

http://i.imgur.com/rEQoepg.png

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2017

hmm, from this snippet, I can't find out what is going wrong there. Do you create a page with the REST api or with the user interface?

Since you are evaluating the server, you can ask official Atlassian support also: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

They are able to take deeper look at your logs and configuration files than we can do here.

Song Xue April 19, 2017

Cool. Thanks for your help anyway. I will ask the support. Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events