Unable to access all pages from Confluence site created a month ago - Free account

Kunal Belnekar September 6, 2020

Hi, 

We are getting the error below when accessing our Team Confluence site (http://interviewhelp.atlassian.net/). None of the pages from the site are accessible at this point.  We are however able to access another site that was created around the same time (http://interviewhelpio.atlassian.net/)

We have tried different browsers, also tried browsers in Incognito mode. The result is the same

Anyone experienced this behavior before and was able to resolve it ?

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 5.32.11 PM.png

Thanks,

Kunal

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2020

Hi @Kunal Belnekar 

It looks like Confluence is working - see this status page.

Does the "Contact Support" button allow you to contact support, as a Free instance?

Also, can you confirm:

• Can you access the site itself - eg. can you see Spaces? The home page?
  • Is it possible to access a Space via the Space Directory?
  • Can you create anything (new Spaces/Pages) - and if yes, can you see them once created?
  • Is it just you or all users? If you can access it, has your Site Admin checked your user management to ensure continued access? Check this via https://admin.atlassian.com/
  • If it's just your user - check you're logged into the correct Atlassian Account (if you have more than one; eg. a work email and a personal email)

Ste

Kunal Belnekar September 6, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ,

Thanks for your response.

Contact Support gives me the option of this Community or Documentation.

• I'm unable to access the Site Home Page, or any of the Spaces or Pages under it. The message is the same regardless of the resource under this site (when I refer to accessing these resources, it is via the emails I had received).
  • The most concerning part is that any reference to the site seems to have completely disappeared from Confluence. When we try to access the Pages we worked on 2 days ago, the message is the same.
  • The same behavior is observed by 2 other colleagues. 1 of then is able to see the 3 Page Names, but gets a slightly different error when clicking on it (I've requested a screenshot, will update as soon as I receive it)
  • Since this is an account under the Free tier, everyone is an admin 
  • In the admin URL, there is no record of the site anymore (including a screenshot below)
  • Also, at the moment, I have an account with only 1 email address for Confluence

It appears that all instances of the Site (along with the Pages and Spaces) have become inaccessible.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 6.07.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 6.14.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 6.13.42 PM.png

Hope this answers your questions. Before posting this, I had made sure that this is not an access / user related issue, but everyone across the board is getting the same behavior.

Thanks,

Kunal

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2020

Hi @Kunal Belnekar 

Thanks for the response.

I've sent this question across to Atlassian; I'll get back to you when they respond :)

Ste

Kunal Belnekar September 7, 2020

Stephen,

Thanks for your response and your help getting this moving. I updated my response earlier, but it does not show up here.

I received a response from Atlassian Support. Looks like the site was deactivated and needs to be reactivated. They've sent us the instructions on how to do so and how also convert the site from Standard to Free Plan.

Will try that out and update this here. Thanks again for your help

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2020

Hi @Kunal Belnekar 

Awesome, glad this worked out!

Ste

0 votes
JiraJared
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2020

Hey Kunal,

Are you sure you got the URL right?

Did you mean to be using this: https://interviewhelpio.atlassian.net/wiki ?

Kunal Belnekar September 7, 2020

Hi Jared,

Thanks for your response. Yes, the URL I was using was the correct one. The interviewhelpio site is used as a playground for the time being.

FYI, I received a response from the Atlassian Support. Looks like the site was deactivated and they have sent us the instructions to change the plan to Free from Standard.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Kunal

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events