Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access JIRA

Jacopo Geri August 5, 2022

Good morning everyone, a colleague of mine can't log in to Jira/Confluence. The system asks her a 6-number code that should be received by her on the cell, but this is not possible because she can't get the app on her phone; alternatively the system asks her another 24-characters key recovery code but she can't even get it. Could someone support us???

So sad and worried about that!!!

Thanks in advance to all 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

Hi @Jacopo Geri 

It seems that your Jira uses two step verification. Can you please check it?

Jacopo Geri August 5, 2022

Yes @Tansu Akdeniz , you're right. The problem is that my colleague isn't able to recover any of the codes required by those two steps, so at the moment she's totally blocked.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

@Jacopo Geri - is your Confluence Cloud centrally managed? If so, an admin should be able to disable the 2FA for your teammate.

(Instructions are in the article Tansu shared.)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is a form of 2-factor-authentication, which can be put in front of Cloud systems, but it is not directly an Atlassian problem. 

You've not told us which one you are using (I've got about 11 apps for different 2FA systems on my 'phone, Google, Authy, Duo, etc), so there's not really a lot more we can tell you other than you'll need to talk to the admins of your 2FA systems.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events