Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWC 4.0 gets error testing connection - BAD_SPACE or USER_NOT_PERMITTED

Mike Miller July 24, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to use uwc-4.0 to test a migration from JSPWiki 2.4.-15-beta. The confluence is an OnDemand instance of Confluence 5.2 that I registered for just recently. Testing connection gives the error: BAD_SPACE or USER_NOT_PERMITTED.

I am using a space I setup and the admin id for the confluence instance – no restrictions appear in the admin console. Below is an exception written to the uwc output:

Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 6; columnNumber: 8; end tag </body> does not match b

egin tag <hr>

Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 7; columnNumber: 8; end tag </html> does not match b

egin tag <body>

Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 2; unexpected end of file found

Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 6; columnNumber: 8; end tag </body> does not match b

egin tag <hr>

Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 7; columnNumber: 8; end tag </html> does not match b

egin tag <body>

Fatal error parsing XML: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 2; unexpected end of file found

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientException: Failure writing request

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientRequestProcessor.encodeRequest(XmlRpcClientRequestProcessor.java:76)

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientRequestProcessor.encodeRequestBytes(XmlRpcClientRequestProcessor.java:102)

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:70)

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:194)

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:185)

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:178)

at biz.artemis.confluence.xmlrpcwrapper.RemoteWikiBroker.getUserPermissionsForUser(RemoteWikiBroker.java:1375)

at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.listeners.TestSettingsListener.testConnectionSetting(TestSettingsListener.java:134)

at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.listeners.TestSettingsListener.actionPerformed(TestSettingsListener.java:100)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:833)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:877)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3321)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: null values not supported by XML-RPC

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlWriter.writeObject(XmlWriter.java:231)

at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientRequestProcessor.encodeRequest(XmlRpcClientRequestProcessor.java:72)

... 46 more

Any ideas what is wrong or suggestions of things to try? I also sent a note to info@appfusions.com but have not yet received any response.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Miller August 6, 2013

I took a slightly different tact since I NEVER heard back from appfusion.com folks.

I downloaded the UWC 3.13.0 version and ran that against our older version of Confluence and that worked.

1 vote
Mike Miller August 1, 2013

I took a slightly different tact since I NEVER heard back from appfusion.com folks.

I downloaded the UWC 3.13.0 version and ran that against our older version of Confluence and that worked.

0 votes
Mike Miller July 25, 2013

The only version our company has is the 3.x version of Confluence. JSPWiki, according to the website does not require export.

This happens when hitting the 'Test Connection' in the UI.

Maybe I can pull down an older version of UWC and test against the older version of Confluence that we have, BUT that doesn't really prove much. Hopefully we would be migrating to a 5.x version of Confluence so testing older versions does help much unless we try something like migration from JSPWiki to the older version of Confluence and then assume that any upgrade of our Confluence will include the data migrated to that old version of Confluence...

0 votes
Mirko Skramusky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

Hi Mike,

hm, it seems like a communication problem. Can you check the compatiblity? The current UWC is only for Confluence 4.3.7.

Mike Miller July 25, 2013

I am new to Confluence and UWC, so I am not quite sure what you mean by 'check the compatiblity'?

I have the onDemand version of Confluence that is 5.2 and I finally got access to a sandbox version which is 3.x (I think). Our goal is to convince our company to upgrade to 5.2 and as part of that, we have a couple teams using the JSPWiki - so we want to test the UWC to make sure we can get our JSPWiki content migrated successfully.

Are you suggesting trying older versions of Confluence or different versions of UWC?

Mirko Skramusky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

Hi, does the error occures while exporting from JSPWiki or while importing to Confluence?

On the marketplace page you can see, that it's only for Confluence 4.0 - 4.3.7. If it's possible to you try to setup a local confluence 4.3.7 and import your wiki data to this to test the compatibility. Importing data is mostly a tricky thing. ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events