URL Links in Confluence Not Opening New Browser Tab

MrMagooAZ September 22, 2021

Up until about a month ago, when I created a new URL link in Confluence and then clicked on it later, it would open a new tab in my browser. This is the preferred behavior.

About a month ago, this default behavior changed.  Now when I click the link, it opens up in the same tab confluence is in.  This is annoying.

How do I go back to the old behavior?

To be clear, I am not an admin, just a user. I don't know what changed...whether we had an upgrade or moved from on-site to the cloud or who knows.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

Hi @MrMagooAZ Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Currently this is an ongoing feature request on Confluence Cloud - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68136

I will recommend voting for it and watch it for future updates.

Users can use the following to open links in a new tab:

• CTRL+Left Click (Windows) or CMD+Left Click (macOS)
  • Right click > Open in a new tab

Looks like that feature request is closed and the developers are telling us to go pound sand.  

Voting seems to be disabled.

NVM.  I was able to vote for it.

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
Tom Hanson September 22, 2021

Dude, thank you, you helped me solve my problem

Like Kishan Sharma likes this

Since this request appears to be more than 5 years old, I would not hold your breath. But I am hopeful we will see this functionality fixed/added before the end of the decade.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

Yes hope so, I am sure many customers are waiting for this :)

Jason Rosen March 8, 2022

I mean... we are mostly developers here, and understand how EASY it would be to give us this option.  I could literally code this myself in 15 minutes max.  It is desired functionality for documents that contain many links... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events