Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twiki MAKETEXT macro conversion

Adil Fulara August 25, 2011

I am trying to convert a twiki wiki to confluence.

The importer completes successfully but on the page i do see that

%MAKETEXT{"Available Information"}%

instead of

Available Information

which is what i see in twiki.

Any help would be beneficial.

Thank you,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2011

Sounds like you have a type of twiki markup that there isn't currently a converter for.

I'm hearing that maybe you want instances of

%MAKETEXT{"foobar"}

to be turned into

*foobar*

which is confluence bold syntax.

If that's the case, you could try adding (untested, but should work) the following converter to your converter.twiki.properties file

TWiki.6600.maketext2bold.java-regex=%MAKETEXT\{\"(.*?)\"\}{replace-with}*$1*

2 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2011

Here's a checklist to help you think through all the different syntax challenges.

https://www.appfusions.com/display/Dashboard/Wiki+Migration+Checklist

Ellen

Adil Fulara September 23, 2011

Thank you Laura and Ellen.

Does UWC remove Twiki related page data during conversion?

Adil.

Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2011

@Adil

Well, yes? The UWC transforms source wiki data to confluence style data with the general goal of maintaining the underlying meaning of syntax and metadata, if possible. As an example, twiki and confluence color macro syntax is very different, so the idea is that the twiki syntax that indicates color would be removed and replaced with something that Confluence can render.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events