Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to migrate Confluence Cloud to Standalone server

Kathy Plamann May 13, 2015

Does anyone know where I can find the yellow highlighted install? I can only find the .zip install. 

Thanks

Kathy

image2015-5-13 5:27:19.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2015

I think the documentation you've got is out of date - the only ones available are the OS-agnostic zip downloads.

Kathy Plamann May 13, 2015

Hi Nic I was concerned about doing the zip install because when I needed to upgrade I would use the installer and I was afraid that it would not upgrade easily. So instead I was able to install Confluence 5.7.4. Then I did a full restore of Confluence from the cloud to this standalone Confluence 5.7.4. Do you know of any issues that I may run into migrating this way? Thanks Kathy

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2015

The only issue with taking that route would be if the data structure changed between "cloud" and 5.7.4-standalone. I don't think it has changed at all, so you should be fine.

0 votes
Kathy Plamann May 14, 2015

I appreciate everyone's response. I did install Confluence 5.7.4 and restored from the cloud instance and all is well.

Thanks

Kathy

0 votes
Monique Khairuliana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2015

Hi @Kathy Plamann if you are migrating from cloud to Confluence recently, you will need to have the OD version (version 5.8-OD-50-011), before upgrading to a later version of Confluence Server (probably 5.8). By right you should be able to download the Windows installer of OD version from the Confluence Cloud Downloads page:

But it seems like the installer for both linux and windows are missing from this page. This issue is being tracked internally and here is the bug report for tracking this issue for bublic:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events