Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Setup a TL;DR Page For Daily Information

Jon Simone June 3, 2016

Hey hey,

I know there aren't any direct macros for this so I am just open to ideas here. We are trying to set up a page that 3 people can go into and add short daily NEED TO KNOW snippets into (manually pulled from blogs, emails, etc). We want people to be able to watch this page so they receive email notifications when it is updated. We want everything to be archived. We want it to only show information for the last 7 days. We have tried setting up a private blog and then using the Blog Post Macro (with details) to accomplish this but the problem with this is that it send notifications to watchers. 

We also tried manually updating one page and then deleting any entry past the seventh day but then we have to manually archive. 

Any work arounds for this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2016

Hi Jon,

Perhaps:

1. one blog post per day (the three people collaborate to draft and publish)
  2. use Better Blogs, add a group ('employees'?) as watchers and know that everyone receives the update via email

You've then got a) an archive of the contents as past blog posts, b) a place to discuss the days updates, and c) email notifications to all relevant parties.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon
Arijea, creators of Better Blogs for Confluence

Jon Simone June 7, 2016

Unfortunately, we are on Cloud. Hopefully, we will be moving to server soon! Thinking about going with Contegix. 

1 vote
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

I don't quite understand the "problem" of sending notifications - isn't that what you want?... but I'll offer this

The standard <<Create>> button allows a Blog post to be created.  Then when you <<Browse>Blog posts you see all the historical blogs

On another page in Edit mode

select Insert>OtherMacros>BlogPosts

Configure the Time Frame to show posts in last "7d" or "8w" or "2m" ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events