Troubles with Instalation of "Questions for Confluence" Plugin

admin_ruben December 14, 2015

Hi everyone,

I yesterday purchased the Questions for Confluence Plug-In and immediately after entering the key got into troubles.

Namely, it is obvious that the installation of the Question plugin did not integrate with the existing Confluence instance.

• There are two occurences of the "People" button in the header menu:
    image2015-12-15 10:4:37.png
  •  On the side menu in the Confluence Administration view there are duplicate instances of several menu items. Ex: Purchased add-ons or Global Permissions.
    image2015-12-15 10:8:4.png
  • The Create ->"Ask a question" takes me to Page Not Found page.

I am even unable to Disable nor to Uninstal the plugin via the Manage add-ons Panel. I get the following log messages:

Failed to uninstall add-on Questions for Confluence Plugin (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions version 2.4.4)  
Failed to disable add-on Questions for Confluence Plugin (com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions)

Can anyone help or share experiences?

Thank you in advance,

Ruben N

2 answers

0 votes
admin_ruben December 16, 2015

Hi Vasiliy,

The Questions plugin version 2.4.4 and the Confluence 5.8.4 are compatible. Anyway, we managed to solve the problem by simply... restarting Confluence. After that everything seems to get into place.

Thanks anyway!

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

First of all check where plugin version is compatible to Confluence version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events