It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trial is coming to an end, what do I do with the database?

Hello,

I use Confluence at work and love it, Jira too.  Anyway I now use it at home and have installed the trial on a Centos VM and have been using only lightly.

I will be getting the 10 user license so my family can use it and was wondering what happens when the license expires and what do I do about the database?

Thanks

1 answer

Hi Andy,

your instance will continue to work, but when its expired you can't upgrade jira any more.

By the way: Atlassian has recently announced to give small (i think 3 user) instances of jira and confluence cloud for free, maybe thats also an interesting option for you.

Cheers

Jens

This cloud option is very interesting has this gone live?

Internally I've not installed Jira yet, so will my Confluence continue as normal once I but the license key for the year? (£10).

What database does it use?

Thanks

Hi Andy,

i dont know if its already available,

i suggest you check out the corresponding blog post by Atlassian:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/platform/cloud-premium

I dont know which database they use internally, with the cloud hosting option you dont need to know because its all managed for you. You just sign up for the site and you get a working confluence / jira you can use.

kind regards

Jens

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

How To: get the most out of the new Confluence navigation and Home

Hi Community, Elaine again from Confluence Cloud Product Management. Most of you have used the new Confluence navigation and Home for some time by now. Not sure what changed or just want to lear...

480 views 3 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you