Transfer Confluence content by XML backup

adiedler September 17, 2014

Is there are any hints or remarks if me have to transfer the content of the current database to another installation by using the Confluence XML Backup mechanism?

Are all secure content blocks kept or is there are a key or anything else what have to kepp urgently?

Best regards

Alexander Diedler

3 answers

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2014

Hello Alexander,

You can only transfer the content (by XML backup) of your Confluence to another Confluence when both are running the same major version. For example: A XML backup from Confluence 5.5.x will only work on another Confluence 5.5.x.

Every content, apart from the plugins and attachments, will go along with this XML backup. Then you can copy the attachments folder as well, so you won't lose it.

Please, let me know if you have any questions about how it works.

Best regards,

Eduardo Mallmann
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2014

Hi Alexander,

In this case, you should install the new Confluence using MySQL, and then import the XML backup from your Confluence running Oracle into the new one.

Basically, the XML you took from the Confluence with Oracle can be imported in a Confluence with another database, since the XML saves the content of the Confluence itself and does not depend on the database you use.

Let me know if you have any questions smile

Best regards,

Eduardo Mallmann

0 votes
SimratPal Singh September 17, 2014

In continuation to the same question, any tips while migrating confluence to a different DB i.e. from Oracle to mysql. 

@Edurado inputs from you are welcome. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events