cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Users disappeared

Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

Hi.

I have use a top users macro in the dashboard. I just upgraded Confluence from version 4.3.7 to 5.5.2 and all the sudden all the users there disappeared. It could be something related with the index so I rebuilt it, but to no avail.

Do you have any clue why this happened? A lot of users are already using Confluence in Production and I want to make sure that is preserved after we upgrade the version...

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2014

Hi Vitor,

By Top users macro you mean the contributors macro? I believe there are plugins that use the index folder and create files there.

You may want to check if rebuilding the index from scratch restores the information. If not, then probably the macro information is stored in the index folder and after an upgrade, it is necessary to rebuild index as a common procedure, thus probably you'll loose this data.

Let us know if this information helps.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

Hi Rodrigo.

Thank you for your help and sorry for the late reply.

I'm actually speaking of the topusers macro, which comes with the Confluence Usage Tracking plugin. Indeed, I think the information was removed from the Index folder and that is probably the reason why the index rebuilding didn't work.

The IT systems team is now performing a new upgrade on another server and I asked for a backup of that folder as well. We will see if we can manage to recover the data, in case it happens again.

Cheers

Vitor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events