Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to resolution continues if ticket is auto-closes.

mohan_pawar January 6, 2022

Hey Team,

If a ticket in the JIRA project is auto-closed, the time to resolution statistic keeps running, which causes it to keep showing up in the active queue.

Screenshot is attached for reference. Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 7.08.03 PM.png

May I know why this is happening? How can we tackle this issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Mohan

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

I suspect your "auto close" function is not setting a resolution when it kicks in.

The "time to resolution" is usually counted against when the resolution gets set.

mohan_pawar January 10, 2022

Right. I still do see the same tickets are in queue even when the status is resolved which seems weird.

mohan_pawar January 10, 2022

I have the below conditions,

Start counting time when Issue created, Resolution cleared

Pause counting time when Status: Pending, Status: Waiting for customer

Stop counting time when Entered status: Closed, Entered status: Done, Entered status: Resolved

But, still I see the previously closed status tickets in the queue. Anytime you could recommend. Thank you.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @mohan_pawar , welcome to the community.

To be able to better assess what is going on I would like to see your SLA configuration. You should look at what causes the SLA to stop and understand what is it about the auto-close that does not meet that configuration rule.

mohan_pawar January 7, 2022

Thank you for your quick response. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

Hi @mohan_pawar 

Welcome to the community!!

Stop time configuration is not set correctly

In SLA section configure the stop time when issue is set to closed status or issue is resolved

This will solve the problem

Thanks,

Pramodh

mohan_pawar January 7, 2022

Thanks. I tried that. It stopped the timer. But, the tasks are still in queue.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Where did you miss the "issue is resolved" part?

Anyways good that the issue is resolved!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events