Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There were errors creating an issue in JIRA from Confluence (jira macro)

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

I found lots of similar questions on the internet, however no answer. Actually those requests became closed with satisfied customer, thus there is a solution.

I have a jira instance where I created a project and made foxVersion field required.

Now I am trying to create a jira issue from the confluence page. I am able just change Project, Issue Type, Summary, Version/s (relates to affected versions) and Description. And as I made fixVersion required field I got the following error:

There were errors creating an issue in JIRA. Some required fields may not be available on this form. Try creating this issue in JIRA

• fixVersions: Fix Version/s is required.
  • Fix Version/s is required.

There are some related opened questions:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/49869/jira-issue-macro-set-assignee

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/27416/confluence-jira-issue-macro-does-not-display-custom-fields

Thanks in advance for any comments on this matter.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2013

Hi Alex,
This is a bug previously reported to us.
I have added some additional information to the bug request which I found after doing some testing based on your question.
The bug report can be found here

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

Thanks, I've added to that issue my versions of jira and confluence... however as I said I saw plenty similar requests on jira bugtracker with closed(fixed) status

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events