There is users that are not imported to the group in AD

David Holguin Gimenez March 1, 2021

Our confluence is synchronizated with a Microsoft Active Directory. The problem is that 2 users that are in a specific group doesn´t appear in Confluence but I try with others users in the same group and there are appearing. This problem is not about synchronization. 

This is very important to our development and we need to solved as soon as posible to work in a correct way because all our procedure is in there.

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

Hi David,

The problem can also be on the AD side, where users have an incorrectly assigned group. It also depends on the LDAP connection settings in Confluence - on the User setting over Group filters, which can block specific users in synchronization. I need to see more details about the connection in Confluence. Users can be checked directly in the AD group, eg using Apache Directory Studio (log in under a user account for synchronization).

Pavel

David Holguin Gimenez March 3, 2021

Greetings,

Thank you by your reply.

I finally fix this bug and it was cause by the cache of Jira. I restarted the virtual machine where it´s installed Jira and it´s working.

Thank you very much,

Regards.

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi David,

Great! Thank you for your info. It can also help other users who are dealing with a similar problem.

Pavel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events