Ok we have to discard alternatives. You must be missing a configuration in your project's permission scheme. Please add your user to the "Administer Project" permission in the permission scheme of the project that is mapped to your service desk and let me know if that works.
I'm having the same issue as Meredith. I've tried adding Service Desk to an existing project and creating a new service desk/project with the default permission scheme with the same result. On the People tab I can see that I'm the Administrator. And on the project I also have the Administer Project permission.
I have the JIRA System Administrators and JIRA Administrators global permissions. I have tried with a different user and can't see it either.
The JIRA Service Desk version we are using is 1.2.7
Hi @Duncan Hall,
In some cases, JIRA creates a new Permission Scheme for a Service Desk. I think this might be the problem. For example, if your project key is "DEMO", check if you have a permission scheme named "JIRA Service Desk Permission Scheme for Project DEMO", if so, then that's the permission scheme that your service desk is using and could explain why the changes you are making to your original permission scheme are not working on the service desk.
Forgive me if my answers seem simplistic but there's really not much that comes to my mind as to what miight be the problem.
Please let me know if this was helpful
Thanks for the quick reply Asael.
When I created the new Service Desk it creates a new project and that project has the permission scheme like you described. I have the Administer Project permission on that project as well.
To double-check I created an issue in that project and then used the Permission Helper to confirm that I have access to Administer Project and it showed that I have access.
Anything else that you think I could check?
On the Administration tab for the project there is also a Service Desk left-hand tab. Should that also have a link to Settings? It currently has Queues, Reports, SLA and Customer Portal.
I am having the same issue. No access to Settings. The Settings tab is missing from the service desk project view. Settings is also disabled in my Projects / Administration view. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?
We recently upgraded JIRA to version 6.3.11 and Service desk to 2.1.1 and that fixed the problem.
Hopefully that might work for you too if you are on an older version. Good luck!
Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events