Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The page tree on sidebar does not work

sinzii November 22, 2017

Hi there,

I got a problem with the page tree on sidebar.

It's alway spinning like this (https://prnt.sc/he1my2) and nothing happens. 

Could you help me out?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Sinzii,

Does the problem only exist with the EDC Design Documentation space? Could you let me know about your Cloud instance URL so I can have a look at the issue?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Shannon

sinzii November 26, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I'm sorry for late reply,

The problems appear for all spaces in our Confluence Clould. 

This is our clould instance url: oecsolution.atlassian.net, please have a check.

Thank you very much for your help,

Sinzii

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Sinzii,

I wasn't able to replicate the issue nor was I able to find the space from your first example, but this occurs when you don't have a homepage set for the space.

To set a homepage go to Space Tools > Overview > Space Details > Edit > Home page: and you can set a homepage there.

Can you try that on the affected spaces and let us know how it goes?

Kind regards,

Shannon

sinzii November 30, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I'm sorry for being late,

I tried your suggested solution and it works.

But I think that the homepage setting for the space seem does not relate to the page tree on sidebar,  and i saw no notice from Confluent about "you have to set the homepage for the space to make the page tree works", or may be i missed that notice. Could you explain that?

Thank you very much for your help,

Sinzii

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 1, 2017

Hi Sinzii,

Essentially the homepage of a space works like a parent of all the other pages on the space, so when you remove the homepage itself, or remove it from the space settings, you're basically orphaning all the other pages below it. This causes issues like the one you saw as well as many other issues.

I was able to find two suggestions to prevent users from breaking their page tree by removing a space home page

• CONFCLOUD-43086 - This one would prevent users from removing the current home page from Space Tools without prompting them to choose another page to replace it.
  • CONFCLOUD-31205 - This prevents users from accidentally deleting a space home page.

Do you remember having removed the home page itself, or was it a mistake? If you do remember, could you let me know the reason behind it? Did you intend to use another page later, or did you want the space to have another behavior when you browse to it? I would like to use this information to provide you with another solution while using the space home page functionality.

Shannon

sinzii December 3, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I don't know, everything works great after Confluent updated new design & experience, I never faced that problem before.

We should close this topic, everything works great again with your suggested solution.

Thanks you very much for your help,

Sinzii.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2017

Sinzii,

Alright, thank you for letting me know!

Take care, and have a pleasant week.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events