The license could not be verified: This license supports 500 users but the Atlassian license allows 10000

Our users cannot view any data within the Scaffolding macros as an error is displayed. The error advises "The license could not be verified: This license supports 500 users but the Atlassian license allows 10000".

I have checked the Scaffolding settings but in the license screen it advises "The following error(s) occurred: This license supports 500 users but the Atlassian license allows 10000.".

Other plugins are fine, it just seems the scaffolding macro is affected.

We have Confluence Server (500 users). We have the scaffolding plugin (500 users). We have recently installed JIRA which currently has an evaluation license (up to 10,000). However i dont believe this should have an impact on Confluence Plugins.

This issue means our users are unable to see key confluence data.

Please could someone help as this is causing us a huge amount of issues.

4 answers

You should contact the support at service rocket at http://company.servicerocket.com/contact/

Regards

Steve

Thanks for your reply. I have already raised the issue with ServiceRocket.

0 votes
Davin Studer Community Champion Feb 24, 2015

You have a license mismatch. All you plugins need to have the same licensing as you base Confluence install.

I have looked around and it might be due to another plugin. Although we have purchased the correct license for each plugin, when we view one of them in the Manage Add Ons section of Confluence the license details show up differently. I have contacted Atlassian to see if the license key they provided was incorrect. I am waiting on a response

Hi Dan, 

you can test it, by disabling this plugin, or go to plugin save mode and only enable scaffolding. If it's working with only scaffolding enabled, it's a plugin. Than you can enable your plugins one by one and after each plugin do a check if everything works. 

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve. The plugin in question works as expected, it seems that it's only had a knock on affect to the Scaffolding plugin. There is Atlassian Page detailing this issue and a fix and temporary workaround. I will generate an evaluation license for this other plugin and see if this then resolves the Scaffolding display issue. I will let you know how i get on. Thanks again

This issue was caused by an incorrect license file being provided by ServiceRocket.

Hi there,

I meet the same issue when working with scaffolding and reporting plugins. I was migrating an instance from one server to another, and since then, the licence message came to me on the new server though it worked fine on the old one.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall, import backup file. But unsuccessfull.

Did you get any answer from Atlassian ? can you send me the issue link you raised ?

Thanks

Regards,

Manu

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

63 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you