Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The key sequence '//' for due date doesn't work if auto-formatting is disabled. Should it?

Jeff B September 15, 2016

If I'm editing a task list in Confluence 5.9.12 and I type '@', I'm presented with a drop-down list of people, as expected, for task assignment.   If I type '//', nothing happens, unless I go into my profile and uncheck the Disable Autoformatting box.  Then, // will pop up a calendar selector for the due date, as expected and desired.

I would think that // isn't really an 'autoformatting' feature, and I really don't like autoformatting.  Should I report this as a bug?

1 answer

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

Can't you just press space after // to make the date picker go away?

Editing.. Add Comment isn't working for some bizarre reason..  Anyway, you could try the following;

"Turn off the triggering of autocomplete by the '[' and '!' characters." (Not sure if it will work for auto-formatting though)

Jeff B September 15, 2016

I want the date picker.  It doesn't come up, unless I leave automatting turned on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events