• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • The drop down lists I created don’t seem to be editable after the initial form submission. This form will go through Multiple submissions and will always be a living document needing updates; do we need to create this form differently in order for that a

The drop down lists I created don’t seem to be editable after the initial form submission. This form will go through Multiple submissions and will always be a living document needing updates; do we need to create this form differently in order for that a

Stefanee Bakke February 23, 2015

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2015

Ahh, ok, that makes sense.  The "drop downs" kick in on the page creation - you're using templates/blueprints to prompt the users for information which is then used to create the body of the page.

Now, these "drop downs" are not body content, they only exist in the templates.  Once a page is created, then the data in them becomes text.  There's no drop-downs in the body content, if you want to update these items, you click "edit" to edit the whole page, and then change the text on the page. 

0 votes

OK, I'm sorry - i'm new to jira/confluence.  I think the terms I'm using are my own and not Atlassian :).  SO.... on our confluence space, we've created pages.  within that page we've made it a form.  We used the page template wizard and the insert drop down here: 

confluencesnapshot.jpg

0 votes

Thanks for responding, I'm sorry that was too vague of a question.  I just created a list (value,value,value) and the variable name is: $industry

It's a homemade form created via confluence without additional plug-ins.  1st issue is the drop down lists values need to be selected before any other part of the form can be completed.  2nd issue is once the form is submitted, it's not letting me go back in to change the drop down value. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2015

Most of it was not vague at all, I think most of what you've said tells us the behaviour and what's wrong with it. But I'm afraid I still don't understand how you have created drop-down lists. Confluence does not have them - if you type (value,value,value) into a page, you get (value,value,value) out. It does not have "variables". It doesn't really have "Forms" either. I do not understand where these are coming from.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2015

You'll need to explain how you have created these drop down lists - Confluence doesn't really have them off-the-shelf, you have probably used an addon to do it.  If you're not sure if it's an addon, then what are the macro names you've used?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events