The Share on Confluence bookmarklet says I (the admin) am not allowed to share.

Javier O'Neil July 5, 2017

How do I get the share bookmarklet to work? It's essential that my team be able to share links quickly, on Confluence Cloud. I am the admin of the site.

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 11.38.28 AM.png

Very frustrated,

Javier

2 answers

0 votes
Bernd P_ August 22, 2017

had the same issue in german language on the cloud version of confluence. Situation was similar with one space (and on favorites). Removed the space from favorites and the bookmarklet worked as intented and known with on-premise-version.

tested several different space setups and it turns out that at least one space must not be on favorites for the bookmarklet to work. If no "non-favorite" (global) space exists, the bookmarklet pops the error.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

Is your use case consistent with what is being described in this bug report?

Unable to use "Share a Link" functionality of Share Link blueprint if user has access to a single space and that space is a favourite

In other words, is the space a favorite for your profile? I tested on my Confluence Cloud test instance and could not reproduce the issue, even when my test user had access to only one space and that space was a favorite. However, the bug is in open status so you could be impacted by it.

Javier O'Neil July 5, 2017

I see. Once I removed all Spaces from favorites, the bookmarklet worked. Thanks!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

That's great news! Thanks for following up to let the Community know what worked for you.

jjkavalam January 5, 2018

@AnnWorley The work around mentioned here (i.e. to unfavourite) doesn't work for me. Can you please follow up with the development team regarding https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-54052

Why is there no update (or fix) even after a year ?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2018

I am not sure why the bug has not been fixed in a year, it is probably due to a condition covered in our Bug Fixing Policy. If I had to speculate I would say the fact that there is a workaround and not a lot of votes contribute to it's being lower in priority.

I did ping the dev team, and by commenting on the bug you also communicated directly with them as the ticket is in their Jira instance.

I will keep an eye on the bug and this thread and follow up if needed.

jjkavalam January 8, 2018

@AnnWorley Thank you for the reply. I understand that some workaround exist. Probably there are workarounds for most bugs out there. But, this is a feature aimed primarily at improving usability and hence having to use a work around takes away it's charm. Also, I consider Atlassian to be a great software vendor not simply a good one. So if you ask me, despite the work around the bug is still critical.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events