Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you

Jules Rasar November 27, 2017

Thank you!

4 answers

1 vote
Jonathan Luke January 21, 2021

We had the same issue where 1 user was not able to share even though we could find the ability. The resolution was that the user was not in the "users" group of JIRA even though he was a Site Admin!

Rengin Baskin November 17, 2021

Many thanks for the tip!

1 vote
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

You now need to go to Manage Filters -> Edit Filter Details

Alisa Farley December 5, 2017

How do you find manage filters in the new UI?

Fl0r1an January 17, 2018

I am struggling to share filters at all; coming from this ticket https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Unable-to-share-a-filter/qaq-p/679466 I was hoping to find a solution.

Same thing as in the ticket above: I have admin privilegues and the following permissions are set:

Permissions:

I am a member of Jira-administrators, and Jira-developers. In addition, I have verified both these groups have the "Create Shared Objects" global permission, as verified in System -> Global Permissions.

When I create a filter, save it, edit it there is no way for me to set groups/users etc. as those drop-down (in area Add Shares) are loaded for 1 mili-second and then hidden, screenshot attached.

Funny thing: a colleague next to me with exact same permissions has the ability to share filters, please advise!

Share_filter.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2018

It's not the permission to share that is the problem, it is not being able to get to it because the page has vanished.

This is something your browser is doing.  Is your browser a supported one for this version of Jira?  Could you try a different browser, or the current one with "safe mode" enabled?  (All plugins disabled)

Like Deleted user likes this
Fl0r1an January 18, 2018

Hi, many thanks for pointing this out, indeed UBlock Origin was causing this issue, so the issue is resolved!

David Looby August 17, 2018

So what did Atlassian do with the preference to default all new filters to share with everyone? While it maybe didn't make a lot of sense to bury it in the profile, removing it entirely seems like a terrible idea. 

Deleted user December 3, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- thank you! 

Spent a chunk of yesterday trying to figure this out thinking it was a weird permissions problem and it was actually just AdBlock Pro on Chrome.  <sigh>

Like Mike L likes this
0 votes
David Looby August 17, 2018

0 votes
Stephan Wertjanz May 29, 2018

"Manage filters" was moved to "View all filters" in the new UI. You should find it there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events