• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Thank you Edited

Thank you!

4 answers

You now need to go to Manage Filters -> Edit Filter Details

How do you find manage filters in the new UI?

I am struggling to share filters at all; coming from this ticket https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Unable-to-share-a-filter/qaq-p/679466 I was hoping to find a solution.

Same thing as in the ticket above: I have admin privilegues and the following permissions are set:

Permissions:

I am a member of Jira-administrators, and Jira-developers. In addition, I have verified both these groups have the "Create Shared Objects" global permission, as verified in System -> Global Permissions.

When I create a filter, save it, edit it there is no way for me to set groups/users etc. as those drop-down (in area Add Shares) are loaded for 1 mili-second and then hidden, screenshot attached.

Funny thing: a colleague next to me with exact same permissions has the ability to share filters, please advise!

Share_filter.png

It's not the permission to share that is the problem, it is not being able to get to it because the page has vanished.

This is something your browser is doing.  Is your browser a supported one for this version of Jira?  Could you try a different browser, or the current one with "safe mode" enabled?  (All plugins disabled)

Like Deleted user likes this

Hi, many thanks for pointing this out, indeed UBlock Origin was causing this issue, so the issue is resolved!

So what did Atlassian do with the preference to default all new filters to share with everyone? While it maybe didn't make a lot of sense to bury it in the profile, removing it entirely seems like a terrible idea. 

Deleted user Dec 03, 2018

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ thank you! 

Spent a chunk of yesterday trying to figure this out thinking it was a weird permissions problem and it was actually just AdBlock Pro on Chrome.  <sigh>

Like Mike L likes this

"Manage filters" was moved to "View all filters" in the new UI. You should find it there.

We had the same issue where 1 user was not able to share even though we could find the ability. The resolution was that the user was not in the "users" group of JIRA even though he was a Site Admin!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

26 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you