Text in Microsoft Office documents is corrupted

hello,

My colleague has trouble with corruption of text in Microsoft Office documents uploaded onto the confluence. According to the message of

https://shibosuke.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1114199

(sorry in Japanese), you can fix the problem by installing a japanese font to an on-premise environment. But what we use is Atlassian-hosted services, thus cannot do the same thing.

Does anyone know how to take a direct look at japanese Microsoft Office documents on the confluence cloud service?

Best regards

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Mr. Takashi,

There is an open bug report for this subject, filed under https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36698. You mention that the issue is happening in a Cloud environment, currently our instances get updates to the latest version automatically, so there is a chance that this domain is being managed by a third party team. 

Would it be possible to confirm that?

Hello Mr. Guilherme, Thank you for your kind answer. What I'd like to do is just to make sure a fact that multibyte characters like Japanese in Microsoft Office documents are not properly displayed on the Confluence cloud. I will pass your message to my colleague. Thanks a lot.

This widget could not be displayed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

599 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you