Test confluence pointing to production

david martin May 19, 2014

I stood up a test confluence site. I can log into the system from the server but not the confluence login. It seems that the website points me to the production system. Are there any files I can manually edit to point the test server to the test suite and not production? Thank you in advance.

6 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

If the base URL is correct, check if you have a proxyName configured in the server.xml. You can also check if you have any apache redirection enabled.

0 votes

It seems that the base URL is correct and so I'm not sure where I it is getting its data. if I try to reset my password on test it points me to the production server.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

Hello David,

your BASE URL should point to your staging env.

Another check is the db linked into your STAGING Confluence Home. The related file is confluence.cfg.xml

Please make sure that your are pointing to Staging Database.

Regards,

Fabio

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Should be the base URL.

0 votes

I have searched for the file to change the base URL and have no idea what I will need to be changed. I am also copying you what my confluence-init.properties looks like.

###########################
# Note for Unix Users #
# - For example:
confluence.home = /opt/atlassian/confluence
#
# NOTE: If the path of your confluence.home directory contains symlinks,
# please set confluence.home to the absolute path, otherwise problems may occur.

# - For example:
# should be written as:

# Configuration Directory #

# specify your directory below (don't forget to remove the '#' in front)

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

Hello David,

first of all check, your BASE URL, if it is the same as production it can address you to use prod instead of staging.

Another check, atinstallation level, is to verify your confluence home location in <CONFLUNECE INST>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events