Tend to upgrade from 5.97 to 5.10 before move to Cloud

Bruce Yen March 15, 2021

During upgrade, I got these error while restarting Confluence:

Wonder if anyone can help? Thanks a lot.

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column am.amcanorder does not exist
Caused by: com.atlassian.config.ConfigurationException: Cannot update schema
Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column am.amcanorder does not exist
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column am.amcanorder does not exist
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "scheduler_clustered_jobs" does not exist
Caused by: com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsInitException: bundle [com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-core-plugin]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get unique fields for table 'AO_21D670_WHITELIST_RULES'
Caused by: com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsInitException: bundle [com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-feature-discovery-plugin]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get unique fields for table 'AO_6384AB_DISCOVERED'

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Bruce Yen,

What version of PostgreSQL do you have? Confluence 5.10 is only compatible with PostgreSQL 9.2 and 9.3. Maybe this KB article will help you CONFSERVER-44216 

Cheers

Pavel

Bruce Yen March 15, 2021

Thanks for replying. 

We are using 9.6.2 (on AWS RDS).

But 5.9.7 works with this version. But 5.10.0 doesn't? I'm confused.

Thanks again.

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Yes, something may not work properly.

For each version of Confluence you need to look at Supported Platforms. According to the article https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-44216 should help upgrade the PostgreSQL driver.

Pavel

Bruce Yen March 15, 2021

All right. I'll follow the instruction and add this new latest jdbc drive.

If possible, please don't close this thread. Because this problem has bothered us for a while.

Also, if we are converting Cloud version. Do we really need to get our 5.9.7 to 5.10.0 before we can do that? Can you confirm this? Or we don't need this step?

Thanks again. Much appreciated!

Bruce Yen March 15, 2021

Sorry. But the PostgreSQL will still be at version 9.6.2, which, according to the doc., is not compatible with Confluence 5.10? 

The new PG jdbc drive would fix this problem? I'm lost.

Thanks.

Bruce Yen March 15, 2021

I used the jdbc drive: postgresql-42.2.18.jar, which worked with previous version: 5.9.6 to replace postgresql-9.2-1002.jdbc4.jar.

It works!!! Now, my Confluence is running 5.10.0.

Next is to convert it to Cloud hosting.

Thanks a lot for help resolved this issue.

Bruce Yen March 15, 2021

After restarted the server the 2nd time, I got this error:

Confluence cluster node will not start up because the build number in the database [6214] doesn't match either the application build number [6441] or the home directory build number [6441].

Can you help, please?

Thanks. 

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the information.

I'm glad we managed to upgrade Confluence. Otherwise, you need Confuence 5.10 or earlier to migrate to Atlassian Confluence Cloud.

To your error - you can try this Atlassian KB to resolve this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events