Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templating question

neofire January 10, 2018

I am wondering is there a way in confluence were if i have a custom template/blueprint in place and later on i make a change to the template/blueprint can those updates be pushed to pages that were created from that template

2 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Kyle,

This is not possible in Confluence, and we don't have intentions to implement it in the future.

I've seen the add-on Scaffolding Templates and I believe if you use this one to update templates, you can also update the live pages as well.

Perhaps it will be useful for you in the future?

Otherwise you could try automating the updates using API but this would be a bit tricky and require some existing development and API knowledge.

Regards,

Shannon

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Hi Kyle,

this is not working out of the box in Confluence. There is an app from Service Rocket called "Scaffolding Forms & Templates" which adds live templates to Confluence. We use the app for this purpose and it works well.

But of course, there may be other apps in the marketplace for that purpose as well.     

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events