Technical documentation template

felipe.carrera March 2, 2020

Hi community,

I need to create a technical documentation for a business application in qlik. I created a space for this and selected the documentation template, but I cannot see the template to fill in...  I have the following questions

1. Shall I need to create new pages and set my document strutcture?

2. What is better: create a space for every technical document I write? Or create one space and then create pages (and corresponding page-tree)  for every technical document?

3. Is there any manual or video where I can see a complete example on technical documentation?

thanks for any comments or help

Felipe

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2020

I think the technical document you created may have been a custom template and may have been incomplete if nothing appeared..

I would suggest that you have a space per product (not per document) , then a section for documentation below that.  You can also use the concept of a knowledge base, depending on how other will use your documentation.

Keep in mind there is the option to create content based on templates (and you can create your own), and there is also the option to add macros to your content from the menu itself.

Here is a reference that may be helpful.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/develop-technical-documentation-in-confluence-226166494.html

felipe.carrera March 3, 2020

Thanks Marianne, very helpful. I got a space to work and a "documentation" page, where I have space to document the applications I want.

1 vote
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2020

@felipe.carrera

I would also recommend using a space to document each product. My team has been doing this with great success: https://help.k15t.com/

As far as a manual goes, the article @Marianne Miller shared is a great resource, and was a life saver when I first started writing documentation in Confluence. My team also created Rock the Docs, which has a few examples of documentation created using Confluence.

Let me know how this goes for you, always happy to chat.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events