Team space in confluence

Hi friends,

May i know how to add the new members in the existing team space in confluence.

Please share your thoughts,

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

<<Nowhere after the Space Creation is there the option to add more Team Members so that their details appear on the Home page.>>

This is a problem I am having as well, anyone knows if this will be rersolved and how?

Click inside the table and hit "add column". Then goto Insert -> Other Macros. Add a Profile Image of the appropriate user, hit enter, then do @<username>. Center the cell contents, make the mention bold and you're all set.

This does work. However there are a few other things that you get for free during the inital space creation. Specifically, I see these three effects * Adds each team member's profile list to the home page. * Add each team member's name to the individual permissions list for the space. * Adds each team member to the SPACE watch list (for the entire space). I see no macro or after-the-fact option or macro implements the 3 above items.

Sorry, but have you actually read any of the documentation? A lot of your questions really are answerable by pointing at the standard docs. Could you please at least try to read them and ask when you get stuck?

For example, this question is answerable by https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+and+Inviting+Users

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your update. I already have the account for the those members in conflunce. I created the one Team space. I missed to add those people in the team members when i am creating that team space. So i searched the option to add those members after i created the team space but i can't able to find.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

It's still in the docs - Space Admin -> Permissions.

When you use the new Team Space Blueprint you set the Team Members on the Space Creation Dialog.

This adds the profile picture and user name for each Team Member on the Home page.

Nowhere after the Space Creation is there the option to add more Team Members so that their details appear on the Home page.
Yes you can grant access to the space to other users but this does not add their details to the Home page.

As far as I can see you have to manually add new columns to the auto created table on the Home page and add the profile picture macro and link for each user yourself along with granting permissions. 

No info in Documentation on this either, at time of writing.

>Nowhere after the Space Creation is there the option to add more Team Members so that their details appear on the Home page. This is exactly the problem I am having. The user profile macro doesn't do the magic -- but it's close. It appears that I have to manually do many steps per NEW user: (1) add a user profile (which looks different), and (2) add their name to the watchers list. Am I missing something there?

I have discovered how to make this work. First, edit the team page. Second, copy a working team member to an empty cell, or create a new column to copy the information to. Then once the copied information is in the cell, you can click on the image, and a pop up menu will appear to "edit", "view profile" or "remove". Just edit the information with the user name you want to add, then preview the change and sage it. Repeat these steps for the user name as well and it's done. I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

602 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you