Team calendar: Problem with mail notification about new team calendar events

Angela Clement February 5, 2019

We use the team calendar plugin and are definitely not watching the calendar itself nor the page in which the team calendar is included. Nevertheless the users get email notifications about new events which are added to the calendar. 

What also is strange is, that even the user who added the event himself gets a notification about this event.

Is there any way to turn these notifications off (as the usual ways do not work)?

We use conflucence server version 6.9.0 and Team Calendar version 6.0.25

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Jan February 7, 2019

Hi Angela, 

Could it be that these users are watching the entire space the calendar is assigned to? We were wondering about this, too - some time ago. With the former versions of Team Calendars you needed to watch the calendar itself to get updates by mail. 

Since ? Team Calendars are always assigned to a space, which results in notifications when watching that space. 

Angela Clement February 7, 2019

Hello Jan,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately that does not solve my problem. When I go to the "Watches" page in my profil I do not watch any spaces nor pages. Nevertheless I get a notification when a collegue adds or deletes a new event. And I also do not watch the calendar itself (on the "my calendars" page the respective calendar is not watched).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events