Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Calendars on a Service Desk Knowledgebase site is not displaying events to active users

Michela Baca January 23, 2018

Hi,

We setup a Knowledgebase Space for a Jira Service Desk project that provides read only access to active Jira users.  I created a Team Calendar in that space and pulled in Jira release events and JQL query events.  However, my read-only users are not seeing the calendar events, only a blank calendar.  Can someone provide some insight as to what I may have missed or configured incorrectly?

Thanks

Michela

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Michela, I wish I could tell you how to configure this but at present, only Jira licensed users can see JIra objects in Confluence (for example, Jira Issues macros on pages Team Calendar events based on info pulled from Jira) 

We have a suggestion ticket open to add the functionality you are looking for: Allow JIRA service desk customer to view the issue via JIRA issue macro and team calendar

The suggestion is public so you may comment, or vote for it. Doing so will add you to notifications so you will get an email for any updates. ~Ann

Ann,

Actually these users are actual JIRA active users and not just a Service Desk user.   I will double check to see what permissions are on the JIRA projects that the events are pullling from but I would think my scenario would work.

Thanks

Michela

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

I just spoke with a Jira support engineer and we both think licensed Jira users should see the events from Jira in Team Calendars. 

To narrow the issue down, please check whether the same Jira users see the events on the calendar when they access the space without going through Service Desk.

Thanks Ann,

They do not see the events in the Space itself as well.  However, one thing to clarify as this set of users only have access to Confluence for the the Space set up specifically for the Service Desk Project.  

Thanks for your help!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2018

What if you go into the kb space and add a Jira Issues Macro to a page for one of the issues that is in the Jira project that is displayed on the calendar? Can they see that macro or do they get a "login and approve" prompt or something else? I am asking in order to narrow down the issue to just calendars or see if it includes Jira issues as well.

If they are getting "login and approve" please see the table toward the top of this page: OAuth security for application links It describes OAuth versus OAuth with impersonation. OAuth with impersonation can allow users to see Jira issues in Confluence without authenticating every time.

I created a new page and pulled in two jira issues from two of the projects populating the calendar and the user was able to see the page and those two issues with no problem.

Thanks

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2018

That is interesting, thanks for checking.

I opened a support request in your name so we could discuss the Cloud domain and user names without posting them publicly. We can circle back and let the Community know the resolution after we close the support request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events