Team Calendars Anonymously with Jira Service Desk - Permissions issue

Chris Chambers October 18, 2017

I'm not sure if this is an actual Team Calendars issue or more for Jira Service Desk, but...

We're trialing Team Calendars for Confluence (not trialing - we purchased Confluence license) to pull Jira Service Desk (also trialing) Issues (just Change Requests, really) for display to everyone in our company.  

We need this anonymously so anyone can see the schedule of changes for the day/week/month.

We have it working by granting the Anyone group in Jira SD the Browse Projects permission, but receive a repeating pop-up error in Jira SD that "Browse Projects permission for the "Anyone" group is not supported by Service Desk."  We can exit the error, but it keeps recurring.  Clicking "Upgrade Permission Scheme" will clear the error, but also removes the Anyone group from the Browse Projects permission, and subsequently breaks the Team Calendar (calendar is still available to all users, but it's blank, now, with no Change Requests from Jira SD).

Re-adding the Anyone group in the Browse Projects permission corrects the issue with the calendar, re-populating it, but the Jira error returns.

Another oddity is, we can't actually add the Anyone group to the permission, we have to type "Anonymous" in the group field, and hit OK - which then saves the addition as "Anyone" and not "Anonymous."  

Does anyone have any tricks to get Jira SD working with an anonymously accessible Team Calendar?

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Murugan Mittapalli July 16, 2021

Happy Friday, Any resolution or workaround on this feature, I am trying to enable, Anyone on the web for Group but I am getting the permission error.

Thank you.

0 votes
Twinstar Xiong March 29, 2018

I have a similar issue as well. I am trying to use Jira Issue to show all the Open status ticket in Jira Service Desk on Confluence. The only way I was able to get the tickets to show up is by adding the Anyone Group to the permissions. I tried your way of setting up the Service desk Customer Role and adding them to the Project Permission but it doesn't show the ticket, only an Authentication button. Which this doesn't help since they can't authenticate their account. 

I tried adding the single user to the this permission setting but the outcome is still the same. I tied adjusting the application link but it still comes up with the same issue. I tried testing out the user profile if there was an issue with the user's account. everything seems to be connected correctly. When I leave both application connecting as the Anyone Group, the system connects the Jira Issue and Knowledge base without any problem.

Is there another settings, that I would have to make adjustment too??

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Hi Chris,

The calendar is displaying issues from Jira Service Desk? As the error states, Anonymous access isn't supported with Jira Service Desk. In order to view an issue you do need to be either an Agent, a Jira User, or a Customer.

You can see in this issue: JSDSERVER-2171 when anonymous access is accidentally enabled, it causes a great deal of problems, so we're working on preventing that from happening.

However, you can create as many Customer accounts as you like. You aren't charged for these, and it only requires that the user sign up with their email address. For more information see Setting up service desk users - Managing customers.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events