Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Calendar no longer allows JIRA issues

Brandi Churchwell July 15, 2016

Hi,

When I try to add JIRA issue dates to my Confluence calendar, I get the following error message:

Error(s) occurred.

• We can't load events in <Project Name>: . Check your connection to OmEGa [JIRA].

I have been able to add JIRA issues to my calendar in the past but something no longer works. Confluence should be connected to JIRA because the JIRA Issues Macro works and I can link Confluence pages to JIRA issues.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Brandi

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2016

I've just been able to address this issue after discovering the related Confluence knowledge base article Cannot add JIRA Agile Sprints or other JIRA related event type in Team Calendars for Confluence:

Cause

As we can see, the REST calls are made to the ical class, so in this case the problem happens because the JIRA iCalendar Plugin is disabled or not properly working.

Resolution

To verify that the JIRA iCalendar plugin is enabled:

1. In JIRA, navigate to Administration » Add-ons » Manage Add-ons
  2. Select All add-ons on the select list
  3. Write "calendar" in the filter field
  4. Make sure the JIRA iCalendar Plugin is enabled and up to date

warning  That's not the entire story though, because the JIRA iCalendar Plugin 1.4.6 has been disabled due to being incompatible with JIRA 7.1.x. It turns out that this is bound to a severely confusing mess of JIRA upgrade, add-on upgrade, and add-on compatibility markup flaws by Atlassian.

Actual Workaround

The TL;DR is that I have finally succeeded by uninstalling the 1.4.6 version and installing the 1.4.7 version from the download URL in the version history, while ignoring that JIRA now complains about the incompatible add-on (which seems to work just fine though) - here are the most relevant related threads and issues:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events